AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

infrared images
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 3/7/2007 23:35 (#116476 - in reply to #116012)
Subject: just to add something

infrared camera technology is pretty cool stuff. they use it everywhere even medical. in some areas dot uses it on trucks. i wanted a camera to experiment with stomate temps but the camera i wanted was over $30000. so i started tring to justify costs like offering a flat fee for going to a business or equipment owners to do preventive maintenence. i've seen a camera in action on a cunstruction site that we delivered some freezers to, highly inpressed. i will own one someday. new truck or camera. gotta have that camera. do a google search on images "infrared images".
www.rvappraisals.com/thermal-imaging.htm
link is just an example of some of the stuff one can do.
edit: i wonder if the government gives incentaves or tax breaks to experamental equip{grants,taxes,etc}? i know that there are breaks for experamental crops and someone said notill in there state. if a salesman can figure out an edge maybe we could all benifit.
more ideas maybe cattle http://www.flirthermography.com/media/articles/pachyderm_leg_ailmen... also www.thermohorse.com also http://www.thermal-imaging-survey.co.uk/archive/pipeline.htm {google search= thermal infrared images} also used in detecting breast cancer aka nonintrusive
other google searches= stomata thermal infrared images. a really good read google serch= stomata infrared images. my theory is and could be totally wrong if you could posibly control humidity on a irragated system for a very small portion of any given day {because of wind and other factores}on top of knowing the tempratues of optimal growing and the need for water you may have winning combo but this would require a special way of metering water flow through the system and a different approach on an irragating system even if this didn't work at least you could see plant stress along with water build up on a infra camera. disclosur this info is comming from a non profesional take what is said as ideas and maybe a direction. so camera would spot bad bearings on equip etc,plant health on and on.

Edited by robaer1 3/8/2007 02:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)