AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trip to Texas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 5/16/2010 20:46 (#1202412)
Subject: trip to Texas

North Mo.
I thought I would share some of the highlights of our trip to SE Texas.
1. flew down from KC got a rental car in Houston. The rental had a premium car for cheaper than anything else. So we rented a Dodge charger SRX noticed on the side it said 3.5 high output. Really a fun car to drive but still wasn't a Buick Lesabrae it lots of respects.
2. Sunday we drove to Dallas to visit friends I drove on the country roads for about 40 miles and that was fun no patrol there. Got on the inter sate most everyone was driving 80 plus so up we went. Wife took over just out of Dallas it was a 60 mph zone she pulled out to pass some cars and got nailed. Didn't help our day any.
3. Monday we went to the Bush Libraray and had a good time.
4. Tues. Houston toured some of the museums managed to get in the evening traffic it was 9 PM when we got back to our condo on Lake Conroe. We had trouble getting on the interstate so toured some districts of Houston that I was glad it was daylight for.
4. Wed. drove down to Kingsville to the King ranch didn't tour the ranch, too late getting there, talked to a guy at the museum and he said it wasn't worth staying over night for, but enjoyed the museum. I really enjoyed seeing the country side saw a few fields of corn with brown silks and the rest a foot tall. Coming home we stopped at a gas station a guy pulled in with a JD sprayer so visited with him about the corn. He said it was planted in late Feb then started raining.
5. Thurs. goof day took a drive over to east of Conroe then down to the coast. Was going along in the coastal plains I happened to ask the wife how the gas was doing about then the bell rang. Fortunately for us 15 mile south was a gas station. We turned along the coast to Galveston and took the ferry over to Galveston and beat feet home. I didn't realize the breeze coming in off the ocean would be so cool enjoyed the ferry ride.
6. FRI .Helped get ready for the south poll field day
7. Sat. field day and flew home that night. Put 2000 miles on the charger.Ben

Well that's all folks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)