AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Map Calc mapping question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/3/2007 13:30 (#114155 - in reply to #114075)
Subject: RE: JDO Boundary Tool...

Pittsburg, Kansas

Thanks Ted!

You are one helpful guy. I don't know enough about Map-Calc to know for sure if this will do what Becky needs but I got a feeling it will. I'm pretty sure MapCalc works in shape files and know it will import/export them because we were playing with some shapefiles in FarmWorks that I know Becky was working on also in MapCalc. The reason I know is Becky was showing/telling me how much FarmSorks is slowed down when certain things are done to shapefiles (like using the rubber band tool and asking FarmWorks to do something with the information selected).

I can't even imagine how much further along the 'state of the art' in site specific ag would be if all the manufacturers and software vendors had the attitude towards getting the customer needs taken care of like you do. I often times wish we were running your software because of your helpfullness but once a person goes down a certain software/hardware road the time/costs to change over can be huge. Plus I might have a revolt from my chief computer operator.

John 

John

Edited by John Burns 3/3/2007 13:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)