AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

something magical...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 4/25/2010 23:17 (#1174837)
Subject: something magical...

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!

Went to the local hutterites yesterday to pick up 15 of the saddest looking leghorns you ever did see. Brought these cage layers home, put 'em in their 1100 bushel house, looked at their pathetic selves, half feathered, half dead looking, and stunned, like a calvin and hobbes version of a chicken, cept the tongues were not hanging out. Eyes were buggy though, I swear. They sat there dumbly. Never thought I'd go to a hutterite colony to pick up a half naked chick, let alone fifteen of them. (LOL)

This morning went out like an excited child at christmas.... in my gotch. AND...   NO ...   EGGS. Went out just before church, AND 5 EGGS. This is the magical part, I find it so cool. (Haven't had layers on the farm for 30 years, at that point  I was 3, which is about the age I felt of my giddy self this morning when they had them eggs there just for me!) After church, came home to 7 more, and then 1 more towards evening.... 13 eggs out of 15 half naked, stressed out, scrawny cage layers, who had never seen the sun before, never walked freely before, and who looked like they were privy to a bunker buster in the back of my half ton on the way home. That. Well, that ain't bad.

We are now egg self-sufficient, and then some. I hope  I can sleep tonite...LOL

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)