AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our new machine...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 2/21/2007 21:50 (#108804)
Subject: Our new machine...

I posted a while back asking if anyone wanted to build a new Imagery machine for MapShots.   Van (that posts on here frequently) did so.   He delivered the machine on time, and for the quote.   Core 2 duo 2.4ghz processor, 2gb ram, 2 750gb drives in Raid, etc.     And you cannot believe how neat the inside of the case was.   All cables of the highest quality, and routed to avoid air blockage and support easy add-ons.

I have not exercised it on our hardest stuff, but one very intensive installer compressions that takes 4 minutes on my 3.2ghz, 1gb ram P4 notebook takes less than two minutes on SuperDog.   And during that time, I can be successfully doing other tasks such are feeding our CD duplicator, surfing, running WinZip on other fiels, etc.   We installed Virtual PC on it for testing installs, and I've been creating an install on the main operating system, and testing installs on both the XP and Vista virtual machines at the same time.   Amazing.

Anyway... as I posted out here asking for help, I wanted to follow-up with what decision we made.   Thanks, Van.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)