AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback E Drive vs. Autopilot RTK w/ Field Manager
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 2/20/2007 10:08 (#107938 - in reply to #107536)
Subject: Re: Outback E Drive vs. Autopilot RTK w/ Field Manager

Soutwest Ks.
Dirtman: I understand your frustration at finding reliable information. This post is no more reliable than possibly anything else you have studied, but I will share my experience with running the Outback Baseline HD. At this point this is not a truely repeatable system as you cannot store A-B lines for each field, yet. I do know they are trying to work with something in the near future. Having said this, you can go back to the field, line up with an existing pass and make that a new AB line and you should experience reasonable replication. It is true that the Outback is not a true RTK as it is only single frequency. The accuracy will not be quite as specific as a genuine RTK, however you will experience very little to no drift. If you really need precision quidance (1-2") accuracy, I personally believe you will need to buy a more expensive unit, if you can live with a variance of 1-4" than Outback may work for you. Part of this accuracy difference is not neccesarily in the signal but the hardware on the tractor that steers and corrects. Outback is a lower end system and it does not have the sophistication that a Hydraulic Trimble RTK would have. Having said all this, I personally like my Outback for the price as it works for me in my flat terrain, but I'm not going to delude myself into believing that I have the best and only system out there. It's great for the price! Hope this helps blow some of the smoke away!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)