AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mozilla Thunderbird
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/14/2007 11:51 (#104811 - in reply to #104735)
Subject: something else to try

Dave,

Another way to go might be to get an on line email server and then download from it to Outlook.

I switched to Gmail about a year ago because I was having trouble sending larger files on my satellite isp because their email server timed out on me. I found a lot of other advantages to it.

I didn't have to change my email when I recently changed to dsl.

It has a very good spam catcher on it. The first month or two I would have a couple a week that got by it and all I had to do is click on them and select spam and they were gone. Haven't had to do that for several months now. Have never gotten something in spam that didn't belong there.

Gmail will download into your Outlook for free, Yahoo will do it, but they have a yearly charge for it. Don't know about the others. You can use Outlook to send and receive your mail if you want or you can do it through the gmail page, either way works the same. You can still set up rules to handle email in Outlook if you do that to sort things.

If you don't want an email program open all the time Gmail has a small icon that will sit at the bottom of your screen and if new mail comes in it pops up a little message telling you who it's from and then stays a different color to tell you that there is new mail there.

Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)