AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trip to Serbia and Ukraine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

yoohoo
Posted 2/15/2010 18:28 (#1076379 - in reply to #1076358)
Subject: Re: Trip to Serbia and Ukraine

NE IOWA/ SE SD
I couldn't believe the numbers of potential cropland acres. 32 mill. acres currently being farmed in Ukraine with 42 mill. tillable. Though the average yield last year was only 80 bu. per acre. However the company I visited said there yields were closer to 170 bu. per acre. Quite a difference if everyone learns how to do that.

The mind blowing one though was Kazakastan 200,000,000 mill. tillable acres with only 12 mill. people!

Agreed on opposers holding us back, I feel we are seeing the opposite of the Great Depression. Correct me if I am wrong, but during the depression we saw a lot of urbanization. As people left their farms to get a more stable city job. Now it seems because of the more stable rural communities, everyone wants to move back out of the cities and live on "grandpa's farm". However on grandpa's farm there weren't tractors this big, this loud, and this dusty...there weren't smelly hog or beef confinements. They want the best of both worlds, and its crazy what they will do to get there. sorry for the tangent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)