AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hi Point Pistols
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 2/14/2010 08:50 (#1073847 - in reply to #1073330)
Subject: To Each His Own

Little River, TX
Nice thing about a 9 mm or 38 is you might get to find out why the US Gov originally went from a 38 to a 45. The 38/9 mm works reasonably well if you can put al your shots into the brain, but for body shots the 45 is superior.

Personally I like a revolver. In a drawer or behind th e head board it just sits there with no strain on any springs.

Unless you are going to fight a big war a high capacity magazine is not necessary. That of if you except to miss a lot and hope to eventually hit the target, with some extra luck of course.

Grandpa told me to take the shotgun when going out to check on some strange noises. At the time I was a real Pistol Pete, but a skunk in the dark changed my thinking on that one.

So Compromise and get a Taurus Judge or better yet the 7 shot version the Raging Judge that will take the 3" 410 shot gun shell and load the first 2 shots for bird shot and the last 3 to 5 shots with buckshot. (5 separate balls in a 3" 410 shell) True it is not necessarily a pocket pistol but it will ride easily in the pickup with you when you go to town.

With the 6" barrel and a really large cylinder just the sight of the monster should be a real deterrent.

Another thing my Grandpa told me. Never point a gun at someone unless you are taking up the slack in the trigger!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)