AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex users ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kamp
Posted 2/7/2007 23:56 (#101119 - in reply to #101006)
Subject: Re: Apex users ?

Central SD
When Deere allowed a 2nd computer to be used last summer, I backed up what we had and restored it to another computer. If I remember correctly I had about 8-9 gig file size. The data was comprised of roughly 6500 acres of planting data (air seeder and corn planter), 4500 acres of wheat yield data and 8-9000 acres of sprayer application data. We are set up as 1 client, 1 farm and about 40 fields with boundaries and AB lines stored. I suppose how many chemicals,varieties,machines etc. could also vary everyones file size. To keep from having to use a bunch of cd's, I set up a network between the 2 laptops and transferred the files that way. It still took a long time because I had to back them up to the hard drive of computer one, copy the backup file to the hard drive of computer 2, and then restore them off the hard drive of computer 2 to Apex. I looked on my Windows explorer and I see that my Greenstar folder is taking up 13.9 GB of space on my hard drive, 13.7 GB of which is shapefiles. I have not downloaded any files to this computer since I did the backup.

One more thing - if our actual crop yield had anything to do with yield data file size, our wheat yield data probably only took up a couple of meg. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)