AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Today's Interview Results!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/28/2010 13:31 (#1045992 - in reply to #1045225)
Subject: RE: Today's Interview Results!

Blooming where I am planted!

Thanks all!!  I have now sent my thank-you notes to all 3 people with whom I spoke, as well as to my old boss, who is still there.  True, these days it is perfectly fine to send them via email.  Who knew THAT day would come.

The thing that burns me is that about 7 years ago, they outsourced a few hundred of the 5000 jobs to India.  The thing is, most of the jobs they outsourced are the entry-level jobs like the one I did for them 10 years ago, you know, the job that gives you the initial experience to make you valuable to manufacturers as an analyst.  In my mind they've upset the whole industry--how are folks supposed to get that initial experience now?  I'm betting the manufacturers are frustrated with that, as they're no doubt having a harder time finding people who can hit the ground running as an analyst.  The other company in our industry has not done that.

Even the type job I'm applying for, at that level (which is not entry level) they're outsourcing some to India.  Really burns me up.  Then people WONDER why this economy is the way it is.  My old boss, who passed my current resume on internally, was headed out of town on business yesterday afternoon; otherwise, I would have stopped by to say hi.

It is still a really good company, and they're making some really cool strides in marketing research, including answering the question of "how did our ad campaign work".  That is always a tough question to answer for various reasons, but they're doing it.  It would be great to be on the cutting edge again with them and learn some new skills.

Edited by amsunshine 1/28/2010 13:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)