AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excellent changes to Classifieds page!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/27/2010 22:47 (#1045082 - in reply to #1045054)
Subject: Re: Excellent changes to Classifieds page!!

Edit: The stuff I had wrong in this post is now right...at least to my knowledge it is.

The 800 in your 800 x 600 is the width of your screen. The 600 is the height of your screen.

Most websites today are designed to be viewed the easiest on a screen that is set to be able to view at least 1024 wide. For those with a smaller screen this is not always practical. Many web developers try to design their sites so that if someone must use a screen resolution of less than 1024 wide they will at least be able to scroll back and forth to see the content. Based on a post from one of the administrators that I read earlier it appears that isn't something that is easy to do with the newagtalk+ site. I do not know why.

I hate to make a suggestion like this, but if viewing the content is important to you, it woudn't hurt to invest a couple hundred bucks in an LCD screen that is large enough to enable you to see the font even if you have your screen resolution turned up to the next setting. It will very likely make your viewing experience easier on other websites as well.

There is some decision making that goes in to picking an LCD screen that will work with your computer. It would probably be wise to call a local computer guy and ask him what kind of resolution would be safe for your video card and then he should be able to help you select an LCD screen that is appropriate for your needs.

Edited by dpilot83 1/27/2010 22:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)