AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

#^&(*^*%# Scammers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 1/18/2010 19:33 (#1029134)
Subject: #^&(*^*%# Scammers

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

We always know they're out there, but it just irritates me no end when the darn scammers crawl out of the woodwork after someone I care about.

My mom got a call today from a person whose "company" was very excited about "helping" Mom sell some property she owns in Arkansas.  Mom has been interested in selling for some time, but hasn't worked the issue actively.

This person who called promised Mom $22K-$25K for this piece of property......that is probably worth 10% of that.   Mom told the caller that it sounded promising, and she'd be happy to look over their offer when it arrived in the mail.

The caller had Mom to understand that they don't do business that way....that Mom would invest $1,100 for advertising, etc. and to get this transaction underway, all the company needed was Mom's bank account information and a credit card number.

Mom had the caller to understand that there wouldn't be any of that info exchanged over the phone, and unless they mailed the information to her for review, the issue was over.

The person on the phone just couldn't understand why my mother was being so unreasonable and "hard to get along with" when all they were trying to do was help her sell her property.

That's when Mom hung up.  She has the company name and the supposed name of the caller, and tomorrow she and I will be sharing the info with the Iowa Attorney General's office.

If you do a search on almost anyone's name, the full name, marital status, age, and address pop right up.  It makes it very easy for these creeps to try to victimize so many people.

I'm just glad my grandma didn't raise no idiots!!!  :)

My husband said Mom should have told them to send a bank-certified check for $15K and as soon as the funds cleared, the company could have whatever amount over and above that they could get!  :)  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)