AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digital TV ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/18/2010 14:22 (#1028710 - in reply to #1027915)
Subject: Re: Digital TV ???

southern MN
I'm in the fringe, pulling digital signal from 80 miles or so away. The experts say it shouldn't work more than 60 miles....

Weather is an issue. Trees are an issue. A cold clear highpressure day, if I rescan the TV about 5am, I can get clear TV from Duluth MN, mid Wisconsin, to mid Iowa. I'm in south central MN, some of those are 200+ miles away....

On a foggy or snowy day, it's hard to get the one 'local' channel 35 miles away - but I'm trying ot pick it up on the side of the antennea, not aimed at it. The 80 mile away channels fade in & out on those days.

Helps to have good coax, have the antennea aimed _right_ at the tower, no trees in the way (line of sight), and an amp that bosts the signal right at the antennea down to your first connection. Some of those changes made a difference between getting almost nothing stable to watch, to having a couple dozen channels to watch 90% of the time.

Weather is a big factor, esp if you are on the fring. Clouds or fog can really have an effect in my case.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)