AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FFA member Phil Caler progress report 12/30/09
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

msb
Posted 1/8/2010 22:20 (#1012000)
Subject: FFA member Phil Caler progress report 12/30/09

Lapel, In
December 30, 2009

I was able to visit Phil yesterday and found one of our teachers there visiting him. Phil squeezed her hand and it certainly appeared to me that it was intentional. She indicated that he opened his eyes when she first arrived at his room and talked to him. He did not do that during the time I was in his room.

Phil is still in a coma. He receives nourishment through a feeding tube, but he is breathing on his own. We think the new hospital will be sitting him up soon. He has not reached a level of consciousness where he can go to a rehabilitation facility. Hopefully, his progress will accelerate to a point where he can do this soon.

January 5, 2010

Phil is still making small improvements. He is able to respond to medical staff in small ways on occasion. He does not do it every time. Yesterday he did track light with his eyes. He may not do it today, but at least he has done it once. His family is hoping for enough progress for him to be taken to a rehabilitation facility. He has a few short weeks to do so. Be thinking of them this week especially.

January 8, 2010

Phil’s condition is much the same. He opens his eyes on occasion, not every time. He did track light with his eyes. He will probably be transferred to a rehabilitation facility for children in the near future. This will certainly be considered an answer to prayer for those of you who are praying for Phil and his family. This will not be in Amarillo. We will get the address for cards posted when he is transferred. The Caler family certainly appreciates your support.

Your emails of encouragement and prayers are passed on to the Caler family and are much appreciated.

Thank you,

http://www.bookerisd.net/Philip%20Caler.htm

Edited by msb 1/8/2010 22:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)