AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I got a deal on my CLOTHES dryer!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/7/2010 12:16 (#1008348)
Subject: I got a deal on my CLOTHES dryer!

Blooming where I am planted!

Thanks to everyone for your advice on a clothes dryer.  I spent the better part of yesterday running around looking for one. 

I went to Best Buy and was very close to buying a 7.0 cu. ft. LG.  It was full price $669, on sale for $557.  Would have still had to buy the power cord ($30).  This dryer got 5-star ratings on LG's website.  I walked away from this deal, as the sales guy told me I had to disconnect my current dryer before Best Buy would touch it.  I don't know the first thing about how to do that, and feel that this should be part of their installation service, especially since the sales guy said, "Well it's really simple, all you do is........" if it is so simple, then THEY can do it.  I gave him my signature blank look that should have indicated to him that I was no longer on board with the deal.

Then I went to the Sears Outlet that Joel and I visited the other day, and a 5.8 cu. ft. Frigidaire for $408 was calling my name.  I loved the style and functionality of it.  There was a pretty good dent in the top of it that they said would not compromise the working of the machine.  I decided I really wanted a bigger dryer in the same price range, if I could get it.  A beautiful red ruby red 7.0 cu. ft. LG was also calling my name for $454, but I decided that though the color was gorgeous, a red dryer wasn't quite my style.  I wanted to see what else was available at...

a different Sears Outlet, one that had 3x the stock of the first one.  I found an LG dryer that was new, no cosmetic damage.  Certain dryers were 50% off which the guy said is the most discount that is ever offered.  This one was 50% off, full price $969, on sale after 2 markdowns for $484.  It has 5-star ratings on LG's website.  It is 7.3 cu. ft.  I decided that that was my best choice and bought it.

Net net, I got a bigger, more expensive dryer ($300 difference at full price), for less than the price of its cheaper cousin.  Hope I made the right choice.  Installation is Monday.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)