AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Brand for Wireless Network
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 1/23/2007 21:43 (#93551 - in reply to #93476)
Subject: Re: Best Brand for Wireless Network

Grand Rapids, MI
A guy I know that does a lot of networking tells me that Netgear is the consumer grade product that he has had the most luck with. That being said, generally the defect rate within one year is nearly 25% for any of these products. I have had the best luck purchasing refurbished Netgear stuff, i think they may actually test the refurbished stuff before they send it out.

I look on pricegrabber.com, you will have to click a tab I think to get the refurbished options, I have bought a lot of stuff from justdeals.com. I think you can buy it directly from their website too, but buying through pricegrabber.com will save you a couple more $.

As for speed, it depends on what you will be doing with the conection. If you will be transferring larger files between computers (backups, video, etc.) you will want to go for speed. If you are just using it for internet, some light file transferring (small # of pictures, documents, etc.) and printing the slower b/g stuff should be fine. Only buy the speed you need for now, the entry level stuff is cheap and it really doesn't last that long anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)