AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Losing internet connection daily
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 1/17/2007 20:18 (#90093 - in reply to #89988)
Subject: Re: Losing internet connection daily

Grand Rapids, MI
If it happens every 24.00 hours from when you restart, it may have to do with the router's process of obtaining a DHCP lease from your ISP. Otherwise consumer grade routers are notorious for bing JUNK. I had a network guy tell me that the Netgear was the best he found and they still had a 25% fail rate out of the box. I have personally installed probably 10-15 consumer grade routers and have had problems with 4-5 of them, so that is about right.

You probably want to do some troubleshooting when you have lost the connection. Get into the router and DSL modem (I assume not router) and see if something is froze up. If the router is working right, you should be able to pull up the status and check the WAN side IP address, try pinging through to that also.

My strong suspicion is that it is your router. You might try updating the firmware. If you do track it down to your router, I have good luck from a company called JustDeals that sells refurbished Netgear gear, look for them on pricegrabber.com I think the refurbished stuff might actually tested to see that it works...lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)