AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remote camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 1/15/2007 16:41 (#88897 - in reply to #88652)
Subject: RE: Remote camera

I'm using Panasonic IP cameras, but I'm only using them within my own network, not over the internet. These IP cameras have their own IP address, and when this IP address is accessed from a browser, the camera serves up a video stream to the browser. The IP address is private range, user selectable, I also believe they will look for a DHCP server, but I assign static IP's so I can't remember. The four different Panasonic cameras I have also came with recording software that allow you to record to your hard drive--also able to set this to record by motion only--you set the sensativity via the software in your computer. This part (the recorder software) is ran through your own private network. (simple network= your shop computer + the camera or can be more complex)

Panasonic offers you a "free website" for you to link your camera to, then you can go to that website and see the camera from a web-enabled cell phone, regular internet browser, etc. I can't comment on how this works, as I haven't done this part yet.

One of the cameras I'm using is an "indoor" camera for about $80... the BL-C1A. This little camera doesn't have Pan, Tilt, or Zoom, but does put out a good 640x480 image.

I tried a wireless camera, and it was too unreliable, so I just ran a wire to it. My experience was that the wireless camera hung up and had many more problems than a wired camera tied to a seperate wireless AP...... a little more money, but far more reliable.

If you are only 30 ft, make a cable and run it to the router that is near your computer.

Edited by Chip 1/15/2007 16:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)