AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cell phone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 1/11/2007 09:57 (#86413 - in reply to #85094)
Subject: Bob, hang on to that old one for a while if you can wait.

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

http://www.casiogzone.com/

Click on the link for an interesting video, featuring the Casio G Zone phone.  That's the one I want when I upgrade.  Gonna have to wait a little while, as Verizon does not currently offer them.  I contacted one fellow in a discussion group that had one of the original he bought in Japan, it had advanced features not offered currently in the US, so may have to wait even longer.  I guess the next generation, available sometime next year, will have the features I want, such as a removable chip to store information, and an advanced camera phone.  Currently, all I want to do is make calls, but these advanced phones have resolution similiar to the good cameras available now, plus you don't have to send the picture to your computer at a charge per call to use them, just remove the chip and load as I do currently with the cameras we have.

Talk about a phone with some heavy duty specs, this one has them, and most of us farmer-types need one we can drop and get wet.  Only downside, they are much heavier and bigger than most, but will still fit in a shirt pocket, where i prefer to carry mine.

For a while, I wanted a razor, which is available, and I like the current size.  But, the battery is much smaller, and I have been told by my phone store that the battery doesn't last as long as most phones on the market. 

Edited after a trip to Terre Haute, Indiana.  The verizon store (at least, one of them) in Honey Creek Mall had one of these phones for sale today.  It was attached to a "no steal-um" cord, but I got a chance to hold it and look at the display.  It is not as big and awkward as I thought it would be from the measurements, and I like some of the features.  It is maybe the most expensive phone they have, not sure you couldn't buy a couple of other phones for the $300 or so price tag, don't remember exactly what the price was, as there was list price, price with different lengths of contract, and discount prices, as well as a price with "necessary accessories" as they put it in such quaint language.

I do like the led flashlight, which doubles as a flash for the 2 mega-pixel (I think) camera.  I didn't ask questions, as I was not going to buy there, but believe the current model does not have a removable memory, which is supposed to come later and allow easier transfer of pictures by interfacing with a computer.

Edited by Illinois John 1/11/2007 18:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)