AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

networks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Carl In Georgia
Posted 1/3/2007 21:54 (#82468 - in reply to #82435)
Subject: Re: networks

Ashburn, GA, (very close to Heaven!)
Go with the G, it'll work the Win 98, which I hope is SE. There may be some limitations in file/folder/printer names that XP will recognize on the Network that 98 won't, as in the number of characters in lenght or allowable characters. I don't remember about 98, but I found that definitely to be the case when I first hooked a Win98 computer to my old Win95 network years ago.

You'll love having a network, sharing internet, files, folders, printers, etc. It is such a quick way to back up and keep things flowing. I have friends who have multiple computers in the home, who take turns using the single DSL modem they have because something about a network scares them.eI've helped others set up home networks before, and sometimes it's easier than others. It's one of those projects that with focused determination a person with an intermediate level of computer user skills can complete. The problem I have is I don't know whether it's going to take ten minutes, ten hours, or how much in between.... <GRIN>

Good Luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)