AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble AutoGuide JD 8330--pricing$$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/27/2006 06:43 (#79142 - in reply to #79118)
Subject: RE: Trimble AutoGuide JD 8330--pricing$$

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don't know the complete breakdown but if you have the Insight display already the Autopilot unlock itself is $750.

By computer, Chad is referring to the Nav II controller not the Insight display. The Nav II controller is the box that actually controls the steering operation. In my case it is mounted to the left of the seat - see photo below. GPS from the Trimble is fed into the Nav II controller. The Nav II controller is connected to the Insight display through the Insight GPS connector. The Insight is used to Input/Output information with the Nav II controller regarding the steering operation.

I have also included a photo of the AutoSense device shown mounted on my 8120 with ILS. The purpose of this device is to act as an input to the Nav II controller to provide information concerning wheel position, direction etc.

Chad's breakdown seems inline with my thinking. This breakdown may include the Trimble 252 or 332. The basic difference is that the 252 is an antenna receiver where everything is contained in one enclosure which is on the cab roof. The 332 has an antenna on the roof with a Trimble yellow box containing the GPS and a display inside the tractor. I would suggest going with the 332. There are circumstances where the display and keypad on the 332 are very handy. See the photo below for a picture of the 332.

If and when you move on up to RTK there will be other costs. The GPS will require another firmware unlock to handle RTK as well as the Rover and Base Station equipment.

Remember your Insight can work with a variety of other modules as well as Steering and in the combine.

In my case when planting, I'm using Autopilot to steer the tractor, the Insight is logging/mapping my varieties and monitoring/logging/mapping my liquid starter fertilizer.

Edited by tedbear 12/27/2006 08:09

(Trimble 332.jpg)

(Nav II Controller.jpg)

(AutoSense.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Trimble 332.jpg (56KB - 298 downloads)
Attachments Nav II Controller.jpg (42KB - 276 downloads)
Attachments AutoSense.jpg (58KB - 303 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)