AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS Post Processing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dirtman
Posted 12/26/2006 15:48 (#78919)
Subject: GPS Post Processing

Little Eqypt - Southern Illinois
Does anyone remember what we paid for post processing of yield maps back in the day? I cant remember the exact details. If I remember correctly (and that is hard to do that far back now a days) we paid a fee for the service and then so much an acre, I think. I thought it ended up being something like .25 per acre by the time we got done. No one could seem to remember and now its bugging me to the point that I have to ask.

Ok long weekend and lots of time to talk and remember the good ole days. Were discussing and cussing how far we have come with GPS on the farms. I told story of how I hopped a flight from Cherry Point MAS to Charlotte (just as Desert Shield Started) and sat next to Marine carrying a SLGR ("Slugger") GPS unit and how he would NOT let the flight attendant stow it or put it in the over head compartment. After all he HAD SIGNED FOR IT!!! (HE told me that about a dozen times)

Anyway this is how it all got started and things rolled down hill from there...............The conclusion was we have come a long way with GPS and now true GIS on the farm.

Dirtman

Edited by Dirtman 12/26/2006 15:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)