AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 - needing the ability to survey for drainage any compatible software out there.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 12/23/2006 21:36 (#77923 - in reply to #77881)
Subject: Re: GS2 - needing the ability to survey for drainage any compatible software out there.

North west MN
I use Ag Data Viewer from www.geektechforag.com. I know he has an import button for greenstar. I use it with trimble and AgLeader rtk equipment and it works great. I don't know if your green Star is accurate enough or if your itc reciever is outputting data that is usable but you could email me a file and I could see if it would work [email protected]. I use this software on extremely flat land (6 inch variance) in a quarter and it shows me depressions flow paths, watersheds and more. Ag Data viewer will also let you survey grade for a ditch in the field or office. I mapped 3,000 acres this year and most all of the data had sub inch accuracy. Another option is Ag Data viewer will let you import shape files so if apex will export shape files that would work. I am very dependent on Ag Data viewer now and will not enter a field with a scraper unless I have the field mapped and the Ag Data viewer program with me. I don't sell his software but if you contact [email protected] Office: 218-456-2486. Cell: 218-791-2424. He could help you.
I wonder are the JD ITC receivers are outputting the elevation that has been skewed by the tilt compensation? The trimbles terrain compensation is done after the receiver and the elevation data I use comes from a different port on the receiver.
Like I said before if you have some data I could play with it and send you a screen shot of what his software could do with your data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)