AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switching from Raven 440 to Ag Leader Liquid Product Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GTPpower
Posted 4/26/2024 10:42 (#10718594)
Subject: Switching from Raven 440 to Ag Leader Liquid Product Module

Hello All,

I'm pulling my hair out here. I have a Tyler Patriot II sprayer. Last year I added a versa display and Ontrac 2+ for guidance. I used the Raven 440 monitor for rate control, which worked fine. This year, I decided to get rid of the 440 and use the Ag Leader display to control rate. So, my current setup is an Integra and Ontrac3, which works great and is a noticeable improvement over the 2+.

But I'm having massive problems with rate control. Here's the rest of the system:
Raven 10630172125 Valve (100 & 24 entered in the display with a 3gal/min response threshold)
Raven RFM 55 flow meter (Meter cal is 760, and I have 76 entered in the display)
Ag Leader Raven adapter harness 4001266
Ag Leader Liquid Product Module
Ag Leader DirectCommand with the Aux. Input Module

There is no digital pressure sensor on the system, just a manual boom pressure gauge I can read in the cab.

The flow meter is showing 0 on the display, even though my manual gauge is reading 100psi boom pressure and water is coming out of the spray tips. I did the jumper wire trick at the flow meter harness and the display started showing flow. Then hooking it back up, it worked for awhile, but read a lot less flow than it should. Commanding 20gal/acre, it would only reach 10 actual. In manual mode, flow would adjust, but again it would only max at about 10. Now it has gone back to showing no flow again.

The display always shows 5psi main pressure on the run screen, and I'm not sure why. Under diagnostics, main pressure is always 34kpa as well. Again, that never changes, and I don't have a digital pressure sensor.

Here's the kicker...I can unplug the raven adapter harness and plug the raven 440 back in and everything works great. I manually checked flow at the tips, and it's right at 20gal/min, just like I'm commanding.

Any ideas on what I can check? Thank you in advance for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)