AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader swath control on dry box.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 4/26/2024 10:01 (#10718557 - in reply to #10718434)
Subject: RE: Ag leader swath control on dry box.

East Central, Nebraska
unless i am not understanding your post correctly i would think this is possible. are you saying that you have two separate sections running together right now? if each has their own drive motor or clutch it should be possible to use another channel on the strip till module to control each side. as for equipment widths you would designate that when assigning each section. it would work much like say a planter with multiple hydraulic drives, each is given its own section to drive and control.

edit, after looking at pictures again it would appear you have one drive, is there clutches on the two sections? if not i would think you could put something together. i have a gandy box that has one drive and two clutches. i don't do anything with them for a couple reasons. one being my current machine is only 20 foot wide. i plan to move to a 30 foot machine for the fall but i still may not control the drives as i typically just manually run the switches because i don't think my hydraulic drive reacts fast enough to be moving when the machine hits the spot it needs to be turning so i often flip the switch when i drop the machine. my nh3 is controlled by the machine but the dry by the main switch. in my situation i would rather it over apply dry slightly rather than not get going until 20+ feet into the pass. your situation may differ but you might see where you sit in regards to timing the nh3 starting and the dry starting to spin slow then eventually getting to the rows and not blowing a bunch of nh3 into the air in the meantime. just my experience.

Edited by caseihfarmer 4/26/2024 10:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)