AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Newer lawn mower time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 4/25/2024 13:53 (#10717601 - in reply to #10717126)
Subject: RE: Newer lawn mower time

Coles County, Illinois
I've had a 445, an X730 and still have a X585 4WD. I've kept the X585 as I have a 45 loader for it and it's more comfortable than a 1025R to run. In the last year I've converted to a Z920M and a Z930R for mowing. The Z920M is for home use and the Z930R is for the farm. I don't think a X738 would ride enough better to get your Dad back in the saddle. I've run an 345GT and the main difference is side to side stability is better with an X738. The getting stuck deal would favor the X738 but a Zero Turn is just easier to run. When I was looking last year people told me "You'll get used to it in 1/2 Hour." Well it took me longer. Probably a whole hour in two sessions. It's just different but eventually you get to where you just think where you want to go and your hands will do it.

I'm hard on decks so the 7 Iron appeals to me and I tried to find an X728 with that on it but they were all 100's of miles away and over-priced ($12,000 and up) The newer X700's don't have the frame cut-outs for my loader. Anyway if I wanted the smoothest ride the Ferris suspension looks interesting. My Z930R has the deluxe suspension seat and it's better than my Z920M's seat but where the Z920M mows has all sorts of trees and stuff to maneuver around so I'm not going very fast.

What I would do if I were you: Keep the 338 buy a Used Z950M or R with less than 500 hours. Do not get Tweels unless flats are an Issue.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)