AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I went ahead and removed my email from here. Any moderators care to chime in??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kochia
Posted 4/22/2024 23:01 (#10715989 - in reply to #10715574)
Subject: RE: I went ahead and removed my email from here. Any moderators care to chime in??

MT-ND
Anyone with an account can view your name and email if you have it on your profile, and have the "show email" box checked.

Click on any member name and see.

From there, it isn't really too hard to find who you are, as most people at some point have their name and email address in some publication somewhere, whether it'd be a church or charity or organization or even your FSA information, and most of that is online, free for anyone to view, and with that it isn't too hard to find where you live or other information. Just some Googling.

I've never seen a point in it, its like having your Social Security Number on your vehicle. Nothing will probably happen, but why have it there?

For example: there is a post above mine in this thread where he has his name and email visible. Put his email into Google. The first result? Some association where he is part of and his name, address, and phone numbers are there. The very first Google result.

It is hard to not find information on someone online when you have their email address, or a name and a city.

Google your name and your state in the same search and you will find yourself and your information.

Edited by Kochia 4/22/2024 23:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)