AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there a tire sealer you fellows like better than slime ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 4/21/2024 17:19 (#10714888 - in reply to #10714752)
Subject: RE: Is there a tire sealer you fellows like better than slime ?

Faunsdale, AL
Used to be one made or sold by Texas Refinery Co. that was pink. Had a good reputation. I’ve never used it.

The Gemplers and GENSCO stop leaks are like Slime on steroids. Lots of rubber granules and polyester? fuzz in the thick green gel so it’ll work on bigger punctures, cracks etc. I’ve used a lot of the GENSCO stuff over the years. Time to order another 5 gallons for the upcoming season. About the same price as Slime but worth a crap.

It will rust rims and between the rust and all the solids that’s in the stuff it’ll be a mess in the tire. I don’t really care. I just want the air to stay in! If I have to replace tire I’ll scrape it off and wire wheel rim if it’s a problem to mount the next tire. Usually just wire wheel the bead seat area and leave the other stuff. Never had a rim fail from it and I’ve been using the GENSCO stuff for 30 years.

If you want the best for tractor front tires get some of the airplane tires that are dosed with the stopleak. Note, stopleak doesn’t work well in a tube. Much more effective in a tubeless tire! There’s more thickness of the tire carcass, plies of reinforcement etc for the stopleak to grab onto as it’s forced out the hole.

www.noflats.com
GENSCO website
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)