AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need constant power source in Challenger cab
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/20/2024 15:59 (#10713652 - in reply to #10713558)
Subject: RE: Need constant power source in Challenger cab

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If your tractor has the 3 pin Power Plug that most modern tractors have, one of the parallel pins is 12V switched and the other is 12V constant. The pin running the other direction is ground.

However, many tractors use a manual battery disconnect switch in the ground connection to prevent the battery from being run down. If that switch is used, the 12V constant pin would still be connected to the Positive terminal of the battery but the radio would lose power without the ground connection.

With some radios you would just lose the correct time but retain the station presets. With other radios, you would lose the correct time and lose the radio presets. To me this is a minor inconvenience compared to the advantages of the battery disconnect.

With my tractors, I use the battery disconnect most of the time unless I'm going to be using it everyday such as in planting or harvesting seasons. In my old grain truck which doesn't get used much except at harvest, I use the battery disconnect and reset the radio station presets while waiting in line at the elevator.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)