AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it to cold to plant?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 4/21/2024 12:20 (#10714603 - in reply to #10713457)
Subject: RE: Is it to cold to plant?

Alton, Ia

wnjr8284 - 4/20/2024 12:00

Here in my part of Iowa the ground is dry today. 45 degrees, no sun.
It is to windy to spray.
Is anybody planting any corn or beans this weekend? I gotta go back to work on Monday, so I am getting a little nervy. Maybe I should just out with the wifey on an early date!

Well, since you don't share much information, you are probably going to get a lot of worthless answers. Iowa is app 460 miles corner to corner, so location is vague. No till, conventional, how many acres? What crop?

And work. I get it you have an off-farm job, that makes it tough, many of us were there at some point. So you can't be "optimal", maybe. Can you get time off later? Can you plant after work, how many days? Next weekend plans? How significant is your farm income?  "Here" we got several inches of rain, and it was 25-27 overnight. Maaaaybe, we will start tmrw, I would prefer Tues but have several apts this week and very high rain chances late, so we may push a little in.

There's a boatload of data top yields come when soil temps are 50+ and rising. Like another poster said yes, it will grow, but it may not be top yield.

Edited by Oliver1 4/21/2024 12:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)