AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aux Cable for Ag Leader App Rate Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/19/2024 02:17 (#10712233 - in reply to #10712061)
Subject: RE: Aux Cable for Ag Leader App Rate Module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
BLUF - Pin #2 in the Aux Connector (12 Pin Deutsch) is 12V OUT. Pin #3 in the Aux Connector is Implement Switch IN. Put an implement switch or any switch between those pins. Create a Coverage configuration such as tillage or planting. As part of the setup, you will be given a choice as to how the implement switch behaves.

The threes choices are: NONE, STANDARD or REVERSED. Choose REVERSED, if the circuit is complete when the implement is down in the working position. Choose STANDARD if the circuit is complete when the implement is UP in the non-working position. The implement switch can be mounted or wired either way as long as the appropriate choice of STANDARD or REVERSED is chosen. If the Coverage map works but is backwards (Paints when the implement is UP), try the other choice.

If you have access to the 12 pin Deutsch connector that fits the Aux port along with the locking wedge and two sockets you can make this yourself.

Another choice would be to use a relay between Pins 2 & 3. This relay could be triggered by some other electronic device and would provide electrical isolation (for safety) between the two systems. By using some type of switch, a Coverage Map and Acre totals are created based on the implement switch and the setting. There is no indication of any applied rate since there is no input from a shaft sensor or flow meter.

Ag Leader makes a cable for this purpose. It has several branches and is generally a bit of overkill for situations such as yours. The Ag Leader Part Number is 4000310.

The Ag Leader cable plugs into the Aux port and has three branches. One is for an Implement switch such as you need, Another is for a flow meter or shaft sensor and the third is for using a radar gun as the speed source.

I have used an Application Rate module on my corn planter with a Raven flow meter and ground driven starter pump for several years on two different planters. I made the cable that goes from the Application Rate Module to the Raven 3 pin Conxall connector that Raven uses on their flow meters.

The ground driven pump pumps the starter which goes through a Raven RFM-15 flow meter before being split up to go to each row unit. The flow meter is connected to the Application Rate Module and uses Pins 1, 5 and 8. An Application configuration is created which includes a meter cal so the Ag Leader can convert the pulses from the flow meter into gallons and calculate my applied rate per acre.

The Applied rate is displayed on the Ag Leader display. This arrangement does NOT control the rate of the fertilizer but allows me to monitor it and make adjustments to the ground driven pump if necessary. Both a Rate and a Coverage map are created with this arrangement. The maps and other totals are Started/Stopped based on activity from the flow meter. An implement switch is not necessary but could be used.

I happened to come into possession of another Application Rate Module which due to some unknown consequences lost Power on Pins 1 and 2. In other words, somebody "let some of the smoke out".

I believe I've found a way to workaround this damage (not recommended) and have made a special harness to use the damaged Application Rate Module with my Nephew's Nuhn Liquid Manure rig that has a Yamatake Mag meter on it. The damaged Application Rate module and InCommand 1200 seem to work correctly on the bench. Time will tell if it works properly with the tractor and Nuhn.

Edited by tedbear 4/19/2024 09:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)