AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Brand" brand hydraulic motor control on NH3 bar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 4/17/2024 09:02 (#10709862)
Subject: "Brand" brand hydraulic motor control on NH3 bar

We have a new to us NH3 bar that has a Brand EFC12-30-12 PWM valve controlling a Corken pump to vary the flow of NH3 on the bar.

It's a one off bar that to our knowledge has never performed as designed.

It doesn't have coolers, rather a custom built NH3 stripper similar to what ANH3 uses. I talked to Randy at ANH3 several times and he explained the shortcomings of the system as we have it set up.

Next year there will most likely be changes to the bar, I just want to get through this season a little more accurately.

Overall I'm within 6% of target, but I would like to lessen the wild swings in observed rate.

It works sort of, but I do not have the control of the pump I think I should have. I have fiddled with the settings some and I have not gotten much improvement. I looked in the archives here and tried the settings from a thread I found over a decade old.

I'm controlling it with an FMX.

What I am getting is roughly 100# swings in rate and it takes several hundred feet at 5mph for any sort of rate change to be evident. I watched the PWM numbers last night before I quit and it takes the pump from full on to full off. I of course can't confirm this because the pump can't be seen from the cab, but it does coincide with the rates I witness.

I have run PWM controls on the planter for years and always get good results.

I ran also had \PWM controls on the dry box spinners and they would hold rate better than what I am having now.

Right now it seem the best settings I have found is to have gain at -100, and Minimum Response at 40%, with allowable error at about 4%.

I have the flow control to the valve at about 50% on the tractor.

Any ideas where I should be headed with settings? I have tried different settings, but these seem to be the best of the bad settings I have found.

If all the stars are aligned I CAN get it to put product out at the proper rate.

I can't auto calibrate because the NH3 in the tanks goes right through the pump even when the pump is off. We had this problem years ago when we tried a John Blue pump on our side dress bar. Too much pressure in the tanks pushed the NH3 right through the pump.
Any help is appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)