AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Circle A sale from Friday night
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 4/15/2024 20:30 (#10707992 - in reply to #10707727)
Subject: RE: Circle A sale from Friday night

Missouri

You would think I could answer such an easy question.  Wrong.  I think the goal at Circle A was 1/4 to 1/8 W that would bump quality grade one notch.  Per the sale White tag cows are purebred Angus from the original herd before W.  Red tag cows are W cross and carry the W brand with the center lower of the W makes an A.   Really I have no idea what they are bred to but if understand correct the program was self supporting to produce optimum cross. Lower percentage W. 

Will comment that prices have not represented a premium for W. Its pretty much just what cattle are worth today.  I was told not to cut the tags out of our heftier calves as potentially they could go back as replacements.  Also was told to leave the red tags in the kill cows as they also could be sold for a premium being they will be fed hard for  60 day's.   My opinion of W is they are fine boned and are lacking in the rear quarter especially lower portion.  I did get a 875# P1 heifer with cosmetic issue ( to much leather under her neck line)  that has been aborted and will be in the freezer this fall.  Opportunity to find out was to easy.  she cost me like 1125$ 

Kill Cows are my Babe Ruth swing to find out what big cows sell for first week of July.  Several Angus are #1400.  $2 per pound is my Dream.  I have seen 1.59  They all are P-1 but they won't have babies here.  

Edited by MU1979 4/15/2024 20:36

(BabeRuth (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BabeRuth (full).jpg (184KB - 5 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)