AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulics question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TexasPecans
Posted 4/12/2024 21:27 (#10704742 - in reply to #10704617)
Subject: RE: Hydraulics question

I have an ace pump driven off an old Detroit power steering pump. Guessing it had a remote tank. Well it's just hydraulic lines from a 5 gallon reservoir to the little gear pump (small like tennis ball size) to the pump and a small 8 inch square cooler back to tank. Has a throttle valve that has always ran it wide open or you can slow it down. Many 1000s of hours of use. And it works well never an issue. It's on a 6v53 Detroit that is powering an air blast sprayer. All that HP is for the fan.
So I would venture to say about any half way modern tractor could handle one. And I am not even sure the cooler was ever needed. As that machine got older the little electric fan on the cooler disappeared and the tank never got warm. Sitting next to a screaming Detroit in 105 degree temps.

Also I have played with those pumps a bit on tractors and it's my thinking (never put a flow meter or pressure gauge on anything) but those pumps use less hydraics than say 1 side of a r2300 twin rake. Infact those things are pretty efficient at what they do. Good pumps

Ran em off very basic Ford open center tractors, to modern little Kubota tractors with open center. Just ran hoses to the pump. Let it rip with a bungee cord. Ran for hours never had heating issues. Well normally a spray tank is emptied in an hour and gets a short rest between fill ups.

They move quite a bit of water too. Way way way way better than any roller pump and holds up better for corrosion.

Edited by TexasPecans 4/12/2024 21:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)