AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wet, wet, wet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Johndeere7920
Posted 4/11/2024 08:18 (#10702714 - in reply to #10702572)
Subject: RE: Wet, wet, wet

Central Indiana
How do you propose filtering out all that topsoil from 10’s of thousands of gallons of water runoff every minute? Some sort of reverse osmosis that will let us dump the collected dirt back on the field? Looks to me they have a grass waterway to slow down the water and trap some soils from eroding faster. Better than most around here. Sorry but your 3 inch tall rye grass and radish mix ain’t going to stop soils from washing away when the water is OVER the cover crop. Fields are flat enough terraces are no help. I see a few thousand feet of tile that will most likely be laid when time and finances allow to help the issues. Just doesn’t make sense to judge someone a thousand miles away based of an extreme weather event that happens once every 5 years this way. But maybe in MN the grass is always green and you install coffee filters to catch all your soil. SMH give me a break. You should be happy all our great topsoil is rushing down to the Gulf of Mexico so that our corn won’t raise 250 and carry out will go down thus leading to higher prices. FWIW the no till guys tile also are running murky water so that’s not everyones perfect solution either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)