AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm WiFi recommendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 4/16/2024 22:13 (#10709499 - in reply to #10700283)
Subject: RE: Farm WiFi recommendations

South Central MN
Ubiquiti has a tool that lets you plan out your site. You upload a google screenshot of your property, scale it in the tool, and place different ubiquity AP's around and it'll show you their projected range. https://design.ui.com/wizard

I'm running all unifi/ubiquiti gear on our farm. Best way I found to get internet from the house to the shop was to use an Ubiquiti nanobeam bridge. The bridge is just a direct line of sight wireless link, you'll still need a second switch & access point at the bridged location in order to have wifi. The nanobeam has worked well so far. Depending on your setup I believe ubiquiti has bridges that have miles of range, if you can get line of sight. I don't believe you'll find affordable access point with 100 yards of coverage for the meshing that will still give good throughput, especially if the AP located indoors. I could be wrong on that one, but the site planner I mentioned earlier doesn't appear to give much range to the AP's.

Confused on your comment on running wifi cameras over 40 acres. Are you just wanting to point a camera at a square 40 and watch the clouds, or do you intend to have 10 cameras scattered all over the 40ac and you need wifi access to them all?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)