AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yard wifi ideas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

k_m_coors
Posted 4/13/2024 07:04 (#10704923 - in reply to #10699319)
Subject: RE: Yard wifi ideas?

To answer your wireless signal speed question. Your internet connection speed will not change. You will have 60mbps available to be shared between all of your devices over your home network.
If you have a 1gb wireless connection on your home network, that connection is shared between all of the devices connected to it. So that 1gb of bandwidth will get cut down to 250mb to each device if you connect 4 wireless devices to it simultaneously. With 1gb wired connections, each wire provides 1gb of bandwidth. Now if you connect a switch to the end of that wire and connect 4 devices to that switch, each device should, in theory, have 250mb available when used simultaneously.

I like wired connections personally. I have my fair share of wireless ones, but the wired just work. I have poor cell service at my house so I have a buried wire from my house to my shop so I can make WiFi calls on my cell phone. I buried about 200’ of a copper cat7 cable and have plenty of bandwidth and the ability to go to a 10gb connection if I ever wanted to.

Edited by k_m_coors 4/13/2024 07:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)