AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla Brake Light Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 4/5/2024 06:59 (#10694425 - in reply to #10694100)
Subject: RE: Tesla Brake Light Question

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

I've watched a bunch of videos that show earlier versions of the assisted driving. Haven't been impressed with anything Ver 11. After investing billions of dollars in coding C++ with a bunch of IF, THEN, ELSE statements, their efforts there were scrapped in favor of a neural net training. The software just watches what an exceptionally good driver does and learns from that. More scenarios and more miles covered lets the system learn, pretty much like we learned to drive. It really seems to be paying off, from watching the latest drives that use the neural net training. A good part of my driving here in rural MT is done on two lane roads. I'm not sure how the car will handle passing situations because even the latest version uses a highway stack and a city stack. They still haven[''t managed to merge the two so one could expect a different behavior for the different situations. I'm hoping that they will roll out ver. 12 to my car soon. I plan to test it under my close supervision. Given another 6 months of learning, I might be able to punch in my AZ address this fall and let the car drive me there from MT. Las Vegas Spaghetti Bowl, here we come!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)