AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa's new proposed Bayer law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 4/3/2024 17:08 (#10692497 - in reply to #10692024)
Subject: RE: Iowa's new proposed Bayer law

East central Iowa

Friday I go to a funeral.  A good friend who developed a cancer lived for 2 years after the diagnosis.  Then it moved to his brain and on Good Friday he died.  He was a woodworker, a golfer and an avid gardener.

He also like his beer and wine. 

Wood dust, walking on a golf course which is arguably the most pesticide treated ground on earth, gardening with some organic pesticides and alcohol were all in his life.  Did one of them contribute to his cancer?

People's feelings and Surmisation coupled with anecdotal evidence has cost companies and consumers billions of dollars in courts filled medically illiterate jurors and judges.  I believe when no scientific evidence by credible testing has ever shown an connection to a health problem from a particular product it should be protected every bit as much as car manufactures, congress people, bureaucrats, and a host of other societal entities.

Today walking through a grocery store I saw pork chops with a sign saying they were gluten free.  This insanity foisted on American consumers needs to be addressed.

"The silicone breast implant litigation of the nineties is notable for way in which judges and juries overlooked an astonishing lack of scientific evidence, while plaintiffs and their attorneys raked in millions. The hysteria and hype that the lawsuits generated caused some medical device companies to go bankrupt or leave the implant market altogether.  More recently, doctors’ roles in asbestos litigation have prompted the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to call for an investigation into their conduct (and that of lawyers) in the “explosion of meritless and abusive asbestos claims”

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)