AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Preferred Steak Cut for breakfast with eggs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tigger
Posted 4/7/2024 12:52 (#10697601 - in reply to #10697462)
Subject: RE: Hamburger steak

Iowa
Hamburger seems to be most of the affordable beef at the meat counter. I'd also be interested in some that are simple, don't get many dishes dirty, and are low carb.

One my wife and I like (keep in mind I learned everything I know about kitchen tools by working on farm equipment in the shop):

Heat up a cast iron skillet with some olive oil and butter to keep things from sticking.

While skillet is heating, dice up some onion and get a can of diced mushrooms.

Put hamburger patties in the skillet (can be frozen if they are not too thick).

Sprinkle patties with garlic salt, pepper, a little garlic powder, and paprika.

Dump the onions and mushrooms into the pan beside the hamburgers.

Get some cheese slices out, one for each hamburger patty (I usually use cheddar or Swiss).

Flip the burgers, season the other side like done to the first side, and stir up the onions and mushrooms a little.

Slice up a small tomato and put a slice on top of each hamburger followed by a slice of cheese on each burger.

Get serving plates out and make the sauce on the plates, putting a dab of mayo, mustard, ketchup, in roughly equal proportions on each plate and stir it together with a bit of diced pickle.

Take the burgers with melted cheese from the skillet to the serving plates, placing them on top of the sauce (I usually stack two of them for me and one for my wife). Put the onions and mushrooms on top of the burgers.

Serve with a dill pickle and another side. I usually nuke some sort of vegie mix while the burgers are cooking in the skillet.

The skillet is covered most of the time while cooking.

I use a digital meat thermometer, but the infrared thermometer from the shop also comes in handy to monitor the skillet temperature.

Make sure the stove is turned off, enjoy the meal, and wash the dishes.

Edited by tigger 4/7/2024 13:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)