AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa women’s basketball
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 4/2/2024 17:53 (#10691116 - in reply to #10690813)
Subject: RE: Iowa women’s basketball

clevepreach - 4/2/2024 13:22

I will readily admit that Iowa did better against LSU than I expected. At the very least I expected the point spread at the end to be no more than two or three points. In my opinion the LSU coach should teach her players to act a bit more circumspectly. I normally root for the SEC team, but LSU is the exception. Those gestures like waving your had in front of your face or pointing to your ring finger have no place in any sport, but again, that's just my opinion.

In the past I have never cared much for Geno A, the UConn coach. He always seemed to me to be a bit "stuck on himself." I suppose that at least part of my attitude toward him was a reaction to my opinion of Diana Taurasi. However, after hearing some of his remarks at a recent press conference and seeing how far he has brought his team in this year's tournament with only 8 active players I have begun to change my mind about him. I don't think he would put up with some of the antics of the LSU players nor even some of CC's outbursts, regardless of how good they are.

Finally, although Oregon gave them a run for their money, South Carolina will be in the final game. SC is not a team I would root for, but I don't think any of the other three teams in the final four are capable of beating SC.

[/QUOTEIowa is certainly capable, remember last year? They were an even better team then, than now. Whether they will or not, we’ll, I guess that’s why they make them play the game.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)