AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lift switch recomendation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/28/2024 18:52 (#10684560 - in reply to #10684146)
Subject: RE: lift switch recomendation

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
There are many choices. Ag Leader has one that is a small switch with a spring antenna looking whip on it. The switch can be mounted so the switch is deflected when the implement is down in the working position. Some installs work out more smoothly if the switch is deflected in the up position. The Ag Leader switches have two sets of connectors and you use the one that works properly for you. If it seems to work but backwards, just use the other connector.

The Application Rate Module allows you to change this in the configuration. All other modules require that the circuit be complete when the implement is down.

On my planter, I use a Deere planter switch on a row on the left wing. I use another one on a row on the right wing. The two switches each get 12V and their outputs are spliced together to go back to the module. That way if either row switch indicates that it is down, the circuit is complete. This helps in the rare event that one of the rows with a switch drops into a hole.

Actually I have a third manual switch in the tractor. This is my manual override switch. This switch is normally off. It is used for testing or special situations. Since it has a lighted indicator, the indicator lights even if the switch is off but a real implement switch is on. This allows me to check the operation of my implement switches if I have some doubt. In normal operation the light should be on when the planter is down and off when the planter is up. If the manual override switch is on, the indicator will be lighted and the system will behave as if the planter is down whether it is actually up or down.

Edited by tedbear 3/29/2024 10:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)