AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Original Steer Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

delta1860
Posted 3/26/2024 13:13 (#10681275 - in reply to #10681181)
Subject: RE: Original Steer Command

NE Indiana
The original SteerCommand works well and I believe it was better than the Geosteer. However just like the Geosteer the manufacture of the orginal SteerCommand no longer makes kits for them (I believe they are still doing repairs on them). Also I don't know what vehicle you are putting them in but if that machine is a steer ready running of the CAN of the vehicle (wires from the SteerCommand go to the tractor and not a hydraulic block) I wouldn't get it. I got burned by buying one last spring cause I was using one to go between a tractor, sprayer, and combine, the tractor (MT740) is a CAN kit and while planting ran into an issue with the auto-throttling of the machine and the dealer had to update the tractor software. When they did this is knocked out my communication with the SteerCommand and the manufacture of the SteerCommand pretty much said they were not going to have a software update and to back date the tractor software. I ended up buying a new SteerCommand Z2 and everything went back to working.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)