AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to help foreigner get employment status.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jeff in ND
Posted 3/25/2024 15:17 (#10679912 - in reply to #10679824)
Subject: RE: How to help foreigner get employment status.

RR Valley, ND; MN native
I am a engineer and many other engineers in the office are foreign born. Most from India, with a few from China or other places.

I don't know what the status of those folks are but for sure my employer is not going to do anything illegal in that area. They have HR and legal on staff to deal with these issues. I have known some of them for 20yrs.

I do know that one of the Chinese folks got their US citizenship a few years ago. I had heard it took them 10+ years. This person has a doctorate and is a senior level technical person with awards and patents, etc. so I am sure if anyone was on a "fast track" it would be someone like them.

Back in the settler days the rules to get in the US were pretty lax. A quick health check at Ellis Island and you were in. US was putting ads in the papers in Europe back then looking for settlers. I have done research on ancestors that came over and not sure all of them became citizens but I have not dug too deep into it. They all arrived between 1851 and 1892.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)