AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere / Raven ERC Electronic Rate Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2024 11:43 (#10677834 - in reply to #10677721)
Subject: RE: John Deere / Raven ERC Electronic Rate Control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
BLUF - Bottom Line Up Front- I think you will be fine with a Raven adapter harness.

I have worked with these controllers. I think Raven might have referred to them as a 430 (440 minus somethings). Like a 460 it doesn't have boom switches.

It does not have a Manual Increase/Decrease Momentary switch either. As I recall (long time ago) the manual Increase/Decrease momentary switch was left out of this model since Deere wanted it on the 6500's joystick. As I recall a pair of pins was used to transfer the INCREASE/DECREASE from the Joystick back to the 430. The idea was that the operator could bump the auto rate UP/DOWN with that switch instead of needing to use the one on the controller or punching in a different rate directly with the keypad.

I don't recall which pair of pins Raven borrowed from their standard pattern to do this. Since the 6500 only has 3 boom sections, I'm quite certain the pins to open those valves are in the usual locations of 6, 2, and 5. Since those are in the standard locations, the switches will provide inputs to the correct locations within the Ag Leader configuration. The flow meter connection uses 11, 12, 13 so that is not an issue.

I believe the speed choice of SP1 or SP2 was done differently than a "regular" 440 but that should not be an issue either since you will be using GPS speed anyway.

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2024 11:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)