AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chat GTP disappointing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

scott312
Posted 3/23/2024 09:40 (#10676417)
Subject: Chat GTP disappointing

Iowa
I've done a little messing around with Chat GTP recently. As a contractor, I was curious if it could be helpful in putting project quotes together (it's not).
Overall, I've found it fairly disappointing. I thought this thing was supposed to have the ability to learn but it keeps telling me that its knowledge is limited to 2022. Overall, most of its answers are very vague without giving any specifics, often times just giving broad suggestions like looking at the owner's manual or checking with local businesses (without suggesting any specific business)
When I asked it why it doesn't have real time information, this was its response:

"As an AI developed by OpenAI, my responses are based on the data available up to my last training cut-off in January 2022. I don't have the ability to access or retrieve real-time information or updates from the internet or any external sources. My purpose is to provide information and assistance based on the knowledge I was trained on, rather than accessing current events or real-time data. This design helps maintain privacy, security, and reliability in interactions."

On the positive side, I haven't found it to be as obviously partisan as I expected it to be, and it has given me a few answers that seemed faster than a simple internet search. I'm guessing it will keep getting better but I'm unclear how you can call it AI when it only has the knowledge it was trained on? My expectations were probably too high, but I expected it to come up with answers for things that would surprise even its creators. That doesn't seem to be the case to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)