AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost a close friend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Shimmy1
Posted 3/22/2024 08:19 (#10674874)
Subject: Lost a close friend

Central ND
https://www.nelsonfuneralhomesnd.com/obituary/mitchell-mitch-lloyd

I know he'll never read this, but I'm going to post it anyway. He never signed up to Agtalk, said he'd rather just read and see what others had to say. Called me everytime I've posted stuff on corn planting, planters, and seed placement. Mitch was the most intelligent man I've ever had the experience of conversing with, his knowledge of pretty much everything was amazing, and you never had a conversation where you didn't learn something new. He always insisted that to get better in life, you need to try and spend as much time as possible with people who were smarter, more successful, and more wealthy than you were. (I really have no idea what he saw in me, but that's one of the things I loved about the man). I have had the pleasure of planting his corn for the last 11 seasons. The first year, I had never ran a planter before in my life, now I've planted close to 50k acres. His insistence on being accurate and knowing exactly what is going on behind that planter forced me to figure it out, and has been one of the most proud moments of my life, and I'm not even an active farmer. The guys I roll with called me crazy, ridiculous, pretty much got sick of the phone calls those first couple years, but we made it through.

I couldn't have done it without you, Mitch. Thank you. Rest in peace, my friend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)