AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/22/2024 09:09 (#10674979 - in reply to #10674485)
Subject: RE: Cattle barn

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
We have a hybrid feeding operation that is both custom and our ranch cattle. The goal for us was to use most everything we raise on our farming operation and save freight trucking crops 80 to 110 miles without owning 4 million in feedlot cattle. So far we are happy with it... BUT... we were able to build at the wholesale level, we own multiple excavators front end loaders trucks belly dumps side dumps screening plant gravel pits and so on. We also built all outside lots that might not work in the Midwest. Cant say I would miss the mud and maintenance by having cattle under cover but for us the cost would be a non-starter at our scale, not saying it isn't done everyday, just don't have the appetite for that much debt. If I was advising family, I would say whatever you can pay for with a high percentage of cash, and if you have boatloads of experience with feeding cattle, go for it, if you can sweat equity a bunch of your building WAY better yet.... we do EVERYTHING when it comes to construction which is a huge financial leg up. Best of success to you if you make the decision to move forward.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)