AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader application rate module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/22/2024 17:51 (#10675658 - in reply to #10675015)
Subject: RE: Agleader application rate module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning having an "automatic" Master switch. This can be done several ways. One method is to use a switch which is contacted by the PTO lever as you mention.

Another method is to do this electrically. This is possible with some tractors. For example with our older Deere 8310 (non "R"), it is possible to intercept the cable that leads between the PTO switch on the command arm and the electronics on the side of the cab. I have made an electrical tee that can be inserted between the two AMP connectors in that cable. All but one of the wires runs straight through to a pin in the same location. Wire #14 as I recall is the wire that goes to 12V when the PTO is engaged. Wire #14 has a branch connection to a wire leading to the Raven. Thus the effect is the Master is switched ON/OFF with the PTO switch.

That worked well but doesn't work with all tractors. Many "red" tractors have a diagnostic port that seals off an oil passage. When the PTO is engaged there is hydraulic pressure at the location when the PTO is stopped the pressure is relieved. The trick is to get a pressure switch and plumb it in at that location. Then it can be used to trigger the Raven or a relay that ultimately controls the Remote circuit on the Orange/white wire.

As far as having each load recorded separately, I understand the situation but the only method that comes to mind with the Ag Leader is to switch to a new region for each load. I believe this could be possible since Ag Leader does have the resettable running bushel counter when harvesting. This does not record the information though and only applies to harvest.

Apparently my relatives are not required to keep a load by load log. At least not yet!

I'm reasonably certain that this could be done with one of cheap microcontrollers. I envision a system that is connected to the manure meter as well as the Raven or Ag Leader. This extra system could compute the volume and acre totals independently and accumulate the values as you apply. You could then push a "record" button where the totals are recorded and reset to zero for the next load. These microcontrollers can write data to SD cards. The data could then be transferred to a spread sheet and analyzed on a computer. Computation on the data could be performed within the spreadsheet as well as producing a print out. Maybe there is such a system out there already that I'm not aware of.

I really believe this should be possible and actually might not be that terribly difficult although it is beyond my very limited hobby level skill set. Sound like a good project for a college student. I earned some special credits years ago for projects less useful.

Edited by tedbear 3/22/2024 17:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)